School Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Proposed new policies and proposed changes in existing policies shall be presented in writing for reading and discussion to the board. Unless it is deemed by the board that immediate action would be in the best interests of the district, the final vote for adoption shall take place not earlier than the next succeeding regular or special board meeting.
The superintendent shall develop administrative procedures as necessary to ensure consistent implementation of policies adopted by the board and of state statutes and regulations. Written procedures need not be reviewed by the board prior to their issuance; though on controversial topics, the superintendent may request prior board consultation.
- Series 1000 - The Board of Directors - Establishment of the Board of Directors, their authority, terms of office, and structures to guide district business
- Series 2000 - Instruction and Curriculum - Structure for curriculum development and implementation, co-curricular activities, and reporting student progress
- Series 3000 - Students - Admissions requirements, student enrollment, withdrawal, and Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Series 4000 - Community Relations - Public records request, guideline on commuity use of facilities, and relationships with outside agencies
- Series 5000 - Personnel - General policies and procedures encompassing the standards and practices of employment
- Series 6000 - Management Support - Guidelines and procedures to maintaining legal, fiscal, and historical documentation of district management of funds/services.