Distribution of Materials and Flyers to Students
P4030-1 Community Relations
Distribution of Materials to Students
Any nonprofit group wishing to distribute informational material to students must first submit, to the superintendent's office, a copy of the material and a statement of the recreational or educational value the program provides to students.
Dissemination of the information does not reflect the district's endorsement or sponsorship of the activity. All materials distributed must contain the following statement:
"The district does not sponsor this event and the district assumes no responsibility for it."
The district or the school will not distribute materials that:
- Are obscene, lewd, or vulgar;
- Are libelous;
- Contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, including, but not limited to, racial, sexual, or ethnic slurs;
- Promote commercial enterprises;
- Promote the violation of existing laws regulations or ordinances, or official school policy, rules or regulations; or
- Proselytize or disparage religious beliefs.
For approval of materials, submit a ready copy, along with which schools or grades you wish to distribute, to:
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent